Open 20 weeks 324 served Our Mission: "Enhance the lives of those with
disabilities and their families"
We are Proud to announce our new partners " Montrose Community Foundation" , our fiscal sponsors, making us a 501c3 .
What we are: Montrose Therapeutic Riding Center is a Non-Profit Organization, a 501c3 through MCF. A horse and riding program located in beautiful Bostwick Park, Colorado, just below the Black Canyon of The Gunnison National Park. The Black Canyon Ranches arena looks over the San Juan Mountain range, creating a rejuvenating atmosphere for those who visit.
Who we are: We are group of highly skilled and passionate professionals, who have joined together with the purpose of nurturing the minds and bodies of children and adults with disabilities through structured interactions with equine companions. Our trainers have expertise in working with children, youth, and adults with a variety of conditions. Our licensed occupational therapist incorporates hippotherapy into a range of treatment strategies to achieve positive functional outcomes for our clients.
What is Equine Therapy : Hippotherapy, derived from the Greek word Hippos
(meaning "horse"), refers to treatment that is delivered with the aid of a horse. In this treatment strategy, a licensed physical, occupational or speech-language therapist uses the characteristic movement of the horse to provide specific and graded motor input. These planned experiences on a moving horse build a foundation to improve neurological function and sensory processing, which can be generalized to a wide range of daily activities.
The therapist utilizes the rhythm, regularity and variability of the horse's movement as part of an integrated treatment plan to support goal development with individuals with a variety of challenges.
As with all treatment strategies and tools, results may
vary over time and from one individual to another.
(American Hippotherapy Association)
" Raise your spirit, let our hooves be your wings"
Ya'll, Thank You So Much !
1. Thank You Jeanne & Willy, and Black Canyon Ranchfor your generous donation..
2. Thank You Penny, andWalsh Quarter Horsesfor your kind donation.
3. Thank You Elk Ridge Trail Ridesfor donating your loving horses
4. Thank You All Volunteers who have, donated their time, and helped MTRC become the most popular event with our veterans from Welcome Home Montrose. Melanie & JBwe couldn't have done this without you ..
seechannel 5 KREX clip on Facebook
5. Thank YouJohn & Linda Fieldfor your time, and expertise.
6. Thank YouBrent, Ron, Tim, Augie, John, Fred and HOME DEPOT for our beautiful wheelchair ramp at MTRC , so many will benefit from your generosity and kindness !!
7. Thank You, Double J Disposal Amber, Rachel, and Louie for your generous donation for our No Barriers week.
8. Thank YouJim PavlichMontrose High School Jiarasin, Nick, & Tyler
what a great job with the Wounded Warriors
9. Thank You to, JoeyColorado Mesa University for the generous donation of
a classroom for our Autism Lecture .
Benefit BBQ by Double J Disposal & RJ's Steakhouse was a Great Success! We raised the monies for our ADA Toilet and more!! Thank You everyone who donated their Time-Money-Expertise-Love-Generosity and attendees...from MTRC , Clients, Veterans , kiddos and adults "ThankYou" for making this possible!!! We are only as good as the shoulders that we stand/ride on...Happy Trails new friends!
" There is nothing so good for the inside of a man, as the outside of a horse"
(M.C. Self, Horsemn's Encyclopedia)
"Checkers" HOME DEPOT building MTRC Ramp going into the arena Ron, Augie, Tim & Gary